The dates that just don't happen (Part 1)

I attempted to set up a date with a single man last week.  His dating profile told me he was single, no children.  These men usually suit me to a certain degree - no children to deal with on top of my own.

So we text and I mention I'd like to meet for a drink after work one day. At this point he only knows I have children living with me some of the time.  We agree to organise it later in the week and decide to meet on a Friday after work.  I sent him a text on the Thursday night saying that I am free after 5pm and does he have any preference where he'd like to meet. He takes a long time to respond and his reply was "Im not able to make it until about 7. Is that ok? As to the venue let me think about it assuming 7 is ok."

Well, I cancelled once I got that message.  I'm so very tired of forking out for my share of dinner, or more often than not, the entire dinner - to avoid the embarrassing: who's going to pay for it moment.  I need one glass of wine to sum a man up, not a $70+ dinner date.

I guess the "Is that ok?" was meant to mean is 7pm convenient for me. Perhaps he was enquiring how far I would have to travel home before coming back to meet him at the time he had decided on.  Maybe he thought I would like the idea of travelling home on a Friday after work, showering, then getting dressed up again to meet.  Or he could have been questioning if it ok for me to wait at work until he was ready to see me around 7. Who know's why he was busy between 5-7pm. Could have been having a few drinks with his colleagues after work or had another date lined up before me.

Dating men, meeting men, having sex with men at this stage in life just confirms for me time and time again how exhaustingly selfish they are.

It's a small complaint, but it's a big issue. I might be wrong, but that text told me that there was a pretty good chance he was thoughtless.  Don't think I'll contacting him again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pull my balls - Part 2

Middle-age men and their missing molars

Parachute men