Bald men

Bald men, searching for a date on the internet seem to have no hesitation filling and ticking the boxes which specify the traits they'd like in a woman.

It's as if men and women are even, hair or not, and let's go. Let's get started saying what we want in each other.  Strangely, I've never seen a dating site where members can tick a box which specifies "full head of hair please".   One can, however specify age preference, eye colour, hair colour, body shape, height, star sign, religion, political persuasion, personality, drinking habits, smoking habits, job, education, nationality and ethnicity.  You can specify that you are bald, you just can't specify that you don't want bald. So there is room to be ageist and racist, but you cannot be...I'd say hairist here, but even that word seems to be reserved for men who don't like women with certain coloured hair rather than people who want a partner with a full head of hair. Even the married dating website I've trawled through only has a choice between long hair, short hair or both.

You're fat, gross. Unhealthy.

I'm bald, so what? At least I take care of myself and go the the gym 4-5 times a week, and mountain climb when I can.

You're too tall.  Yuk. There is no way in this world I'd be seen walking along with a woman that tall.  She'd be embarrassing.

I'm bald. So what?

Ooh, hey, here's a funny one.  Look at this.  She's 5 years older than me. As if!  Oh come on, can't she see I've specified 15 to 5 years younger than myself. She's dreaming.  Oh here's another with a hairdo like a man!

I'm bald. I've lost all the hair on my head because my hair follicles (just on my head) have withered and are are now closed off.  My hair has fallen out in the shower, in my bed, into my comb, into the basin and onto my suit. It kept falling out until it was gone.  Until all I have is this shiny skin stretching across my skull where my hair should be.  It's no indication that I will die young.  It's no indication of my health or my vitality.  Haven't you heard?  Bald men have high testosterone levels.  It means we are more masculine than men with hair. It's no indication that things are slowing down and deteriorating.  I'm just bald, that's all.  Like heaps of men my age. Get over it.

But I'm hairy.  Really, really hairy everywhere else.

So what? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pull my balls - Part 2

Middle-age men and their missing molars

Parachute men